On June 24-26, 2016 we will be hosting out third annual Babes in Balance
Women's Mountain Bike Retreat. *The focus of this camp is to provide a safe
and positive weekend of mountain bike instruction for women of all skill
levels by women with high skill and coaching levels. *The weekend runs from
Friday evening until Sunday late afternoon and includes an action packed
experience full of yoga, bike maintenance, skill riding sessions, injury
prevention workshops, and guided rides. Evening fun includes group potlucks
by the fire and paddling with your choice of vessel be it a kayak, canoe or
SUP board (all provided). BLMBA's passionate volunteers in conjunction with
our Burnt Bikes sponsor provide shuttle service up the mountain, first aid
stations, and trail guide support. Newly certified local instructors
(partially sponsored by Burns Lake and District Community Fund) will be
coaching the majority of the beginner and intermediate riders while more
experienced out of town coaches will be leading the high intermediate and
advanced groups. This year we plan on limiting the camp to 30 participants
so that safety and quality coaching are top priorities.
Cost is $150 for BLMBA members and $200 for non members. Once you are
registered we will email you a detailed information sheet to fill out so
that we can find the best group for you. See you soon!
List of Things to Bring:
• Tent or RV for Camping or arranged billet
• Camping & Personal Gear (warm sleeping bag, sleeping pad, etc)
• Food for Weekend
• Clothing for Cold and Warm Weather (toque!)
• Mountain Bike (tuned and ready to rock)
• Downhill Bike (optional)
• Biking Attire (helmet, gloves, shoes, layers, jacket)
• Fullface Helmet and Armour (only necessary if you plan on riding downhill trails)
• Water Bottle/ Hydration System
• Biking Backpack that includes water bladder, multi tool, spare tubes, tire levers, tire pump.
• Yoga Mat (if planning on attending yoga)
What WE Provide for You!
Talented and competent instructors for all sessions
An awesomely positive, safe, and encouraging riding atmosphere
First Aid Responders on site
Camping on beautiful Kager Lake
A super groovy and ethically Canadian made t-shirt sporting a logo made by regional artist.
An opportunity to ride with other women on some of the most divine single track in Canada!
Please be at Kager Lake Parking Lot by Friday between 6-7 pm.
*If you are unable to camp and need a billet please email Rachelle ASAP (
) so we can find you shelter. Thanks